I wanted to fancy up the tealights. Karah, from the space between, posted a couple weeks ago on how she did Beglittered Tea Lights. I love how hers turned out!!
I used Elmer's spray adhesive and Martha Stewart fine glitter.
Not as happy with how mine look, but they'll work and do look better than without it. I should have read her instructions again...next time I'll paint on modge podge or white glue instead of spraying. See how much glitter is on the top? oops
Another oops? This project is full of them!
And here is the final centerpiece! I used an old brown tablecloth, topped it with a burlap runner with the sides folded under, put the log on an angle and surrounded it with the single log tealights, ornamental corn, small gourds, a rusty leaf garland and a few stars. And I love how it looks! Can't wait to set the table for dinner, but that will have to wait. (I cannot keep my cats off this table!! Needless to say, this is set for pictures...I'll have to redo it on Sunday after I kick the cats out to the games room.)
Here it is when the sun went down and the candles are lit.
Well, they started out lit...a couple went out as I was taking the picture.
Guess I shouldn't use cheap tea lights.
Thanks to Karah and Marty for the inspiration! Be sure to check out their blogs, they have wonderful ideas for centerpieces.
If you liked these ones, I made another set for Christmas using birch logs!
This post has been featured at:
I'm sharing with: